Think • Eat • Save
Did you know that 1/3 of the world’s food gets thrown away?
It’s unbelievable when you realize that 1 billion people go to bed hungry every night. That’s why the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) has launched a global campaign THINK • EAT • SAVE to help us reduce the amount of food we waste.
Here are some simple ways you can make a difference:
1. Shop Smart—plan meals, use shopping lists and avoid impulse buys.
2. Buy Funny Fruit—many fruits and vegetables are thrown out because their size, shape, or color are not “right”.
3. Zero Down Your Fridge—eat food that is already in your fridge before buying more or making something new, which will save you time and money.
4. Use Your Freezer—frozen foods remain safe indefinitely. Freeze fresh produce and leftovers if you won’t have the chance to eat them before they go bad.
5. Use FIFO (First in First Out) as a kitchen rule. Check your pantry. Cook and eat first what you bought first.
To learn more, please visit Think•Eat•Save.
Photo courtesy of Gisele Bundchen
|• Food + Wine, Green Guide, Life + Style, Philanthropy||• Comments Off on Think • Eat • Save|