Coo Coo for Coconuts
Everyone is coo coo for COCONUTS these days for their many health benefits and as the not-so-secret beauty staple that keeps giving and giving. The two most popular uses are coconut water and coconut oil, and I use both.
COCONUT water is great for pre- and post-workouts because its filled with electrolytes that support hydration. In fact, my nephews who play football were having issues with cramping during games, so I bought them cases of coconut water and they drank nothing but coconut water on game days with great results.
When selecting COCONUT oil organic, unrefined, extra-virgin is best for its anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties and health benefits like:
- Boosting the immune system against viruses
- Balancing blood sugar
- Increasing metabolism
So, add a tablespoon of coconut oil to your coffee, smoothies and substitute it for vegetable oils when cooking. Try Nutiva coconut oil.
For beauty benefits, I use coconut oil:
- As an all-purpose moisturizer for dry skin
- As an eye make-up remover
- As a deep conditioner or hot oil treatment for my hair
- As a cuticle oil
- Mixed with sea salt to create a scrub for soft-feet pedicures
Or try these beauty favorites whose primary ingredient is coconut oil:
- Dabur Vatika Coconut Hair Oil
- Dr. Bronner’s Coconut Oil
- Elemis Frangipani Monoi Salt Glow
- RMS Beauty Raw Coconut Cream
- Stewart + Claire Coconut Lip Balm
Editor’s Note: Zavvi Rodaine has no financial interest in the sale of any products featured, links provided only as a courtesy to ZR readers
|• Beauty, Fashion, Green Guide||• Comments Off on Coo Coo for Coconuts|