The truth is that our BACK is the most neglected body part, after all, we can’t see it and we assume a quick glaze of water in the shower is enough, but we’re wrong. Follicles on our backs can clog causing blackheads and acne just like our faces, so here are a few ways to prevent and treat “bacne”, if it happens to you.
- Start cleaning your back with a gentle cleanser and back brush every time you take a bath or shower.
- After using shampoo and conditioner in the shower, be sure to clean your back, the oils can clog pores. Try Shea Terra African Black Soap as a cleansing treatment.
- Make sure your bras are fitted properly, the friction can irritate or rub the skin.
- Reduce dairy in your diet. It’s believed too much dairy causes acne flare ups.
- Try a mild, over-the-counter acne treatment like Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Cleanser or Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser or Alba Botanica Face + Body Scrub, 2-3 times a week.
- Ask a friend or your hubby to treat you to a back mask using a healing clay like Aztec Secrets Indian Healing Clay once a month.
- If “bacne” persist or gets worse, please see your dermatologist for diagnosis and treatments.
Editor’s Note: Zavvi Rodaine has no financial interest in the sale of any products featured, links provided only as a courtesy to ZR readers. Recommendations intended for mild breakouts easily treated with over-the-counter products.
|• Beauty, Fashion||• Comments Off on Back Attack!|